Table of Contents
- 1 The Quick-Guide to Perception Kayak
- 1.1 Who is Perception Kayak?
- 1.2 Our Favorite Perception Kayaks
- 1.3 Perception Kayak FAQs
- 1.3.1 1. Are Perception Kayaks any good?
- 1.3.2 2. Where are Perception Kayaks made?
- 1.3.3 3. What are Perception Kayaks made of?
- 1.3.4 4. How much does a Perception Kayak weigh?
- 1.3.5 5. How much do Perception Kayaks cost?
- 1.3.6 Want more Perception Kayak? Follow them on Instagram or visit their website!
- 1.3.7 Share this:
- 1.3.8 Like this:
The Quick-Guide to Perception Kayak
Who is Perception Kayak?
Perception Kayaks is, without a doubt, one of the most influential kayak brands in the industry. Having been in business for over 30 years, Perception claims to have introduced more people to the sport of kayaking than any other kayak company in the industry.
It’s a pretty big boast, but considering they are the industry-recognized pioneer of plastic roto-molded kayaks, that claim might just be true. Sitting at the forefront of the plastic kayak movement, Perception Kayaks is largely responsible for both the durability and affordability of today’s kayaks.
Years in business
Kayak models to choose from
Average rating on REI.com
Our Favorite Perception Kayaks
Spend less time researching and more time kayaking. We’ve hand-picked the absolute best Perception kayaks to get you on the water faster. Take a look!
Perception Expression 11.5 – Sit on top kayak – touring
Perception tribe 9.5 – sit on top kayak – Recreational
Perception Kayak FAQs
1. Are Perception Kayaks any good?
Perception Kayaks are a great, affordable option for beginners, but they also have features that keep even experienced paddlers happy. Their durability makes them a really good option for those who want kayak for the long-haul.
2. Where are Perception Kayaks made?
Perception Kayaks are made at their headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
3. What are Perception Kayaks made of?
Perception Kayaks are “roto” kayaks and are made of high-density polyethylene. Because polyethylene is essentially maintenance-free, it only takes a small amount of care to keep your kayak looking new and shiny.
4. How much does a Perception Kayak weigh?
Perception Kayaks can range in weight from around 30 lbs to 60 lbs.
5. How much do Perception Kayaks cost?
Although it might differ, Perception Kayaks usually range in cost from $500 – $1,500.
Not sure which Perception is right for you? Try their Kayak Selector quiz.